Carrie Harris, Author of ReMade - Interview

Hi Everyone!

If you've been following the blog, you'd know that I recently got the opportunity to read this Dystopian Series split into fifteen episodes (Like a TV Show) from this awesome publishing house, Serial Box Publishing.

I've been LOVING this series so much, they even arranged for me to interview one of the series writers, Carrie Harris, for the blog!

Before you move on, you should download you FREE copy of Book One in this AWESOME season here.
Or, you can read my review of Episode 1, Shadows and Dreams, written by Matthew Cody here,  Episode two, Hungry by Andrea Philips here, Episode Three, Home, Perilious Home here, Episode 4, The Most Dangerous Game here and Episode 5, Umta here.

1. The funniest experience you've ever had:

Oh, I’m full of ridiculous stories, and I’m not sure I can choose just one. There was the time my ex-boyfriend decided he was a werewolf and attacked my sofa. There was the boyfriend who got a cue ball stuck in his mouth. There was the boyfriend that—you know, I think I could write a sitcom just based on my ex-boyfriends alone. How have I never thought of this before?!?!

2. If you were gifted a million dollars, what would you spend it on?

Well, I’m a mom now, so I have to start with responsible mom things like college and car savings for the kids. But I’d put aside a bit to splurge on crazy dresses with crinolines and monsters on them. I’d wear them every day if I could. Oh, and ridiculous socks. I bet I could afford a lot of ridiculous socks with a million dollars minus the responsible mom stuff, don’t you?
3. Your favorite:

-Actor/ Actress
Anna Kendrick! Anna and I share a severe problem—we both have Resting B*tch Face. In fact, one of my friends as I communicate almost exclusively via Anna Kendrick RBF memes. Anna is my spirit animal. Or maybe I’m hers?

-Food
Potatoes. I really love potatoes. Like, the first Christmas we were together, my husband wrapped one up and gave it to me as a gift. I kept it, because I was all sentimental. Over a potato.

- Drink
Diet Dr. Pepper. I drink it at breakfast, because I’m too hyper for coffee.

-Colour
Orange. Halloween is my favorite holiday, and orange makes me think of it. Plus, it’s just so cheery and bright, and I like colors that are IN YO FACE.

And Now, Moving on to the ReMade Masterpiece:

4. How did the idea for ReMade come about and how does the writing between multiple authors work?

Matt Cody came up with the idea, because he is la brilliant. One of the things I liked most about the experience was that with such a diverse cast, we each got to bring a few characters to the table and throw them together. I think that helped even out any differences between our voices, and it took us in unexpected directions when we sat down together to figure out the basic plot of the story. I hadn’t expected that, and it was really awesome to experience.

5. How different is it, writing an episode over a full length book?

Very! On one hand, it’s much quicker to write that episode, so it felt very easy to dash off the first draft. But then, there are so many details to nail down, and we were often writing episodes at the same time. So we’d all turn them in, read them, and then work on making them consistent. It’s the little things you don’t think of—like, do the jumpsuits have pockets? We kept discovering them with each round of episodes and then working on the solutions together.

6. Tell us a little about your ReMade character, and which others are your favourite!

Well, in the episodes you’ve seen so far, I’ve been writing Nevaeh, who is a cancer survivor. She’s been sick for so long that coming to the world of ReMade, even with all of its dangers and uncertainties, is a good thing. She’s thrilled to be there, and to be alive at all. On the surface, Nevaeh is nice to a fault, but as the story progresses, she’s going to show a bit more of a backbone and come out of her shell. After all that she’s been through, she’s a lot stronger than she seems!


Later on in the series, I write a different character, but I’m not sure I’m supposed to say who. It’s a different POV than we’ve seen so far, and heartbreakingly tragic. But I’m not going to say any more so I don’t get into trouble. 
Carrie Harris was born in Chicago but if you ask her, she’ll say she’s from Ohio. Her interests include English Literature, brains, and hot geek boys. She has held a string of very incongruous jobs but in between autopsies and studying mad cows, she wrote for various tabletop roleplaying games and textbook companies. These days she writes books for teens, tweens, and adults while also being the Marketing Director for Evil Hat Productions. Her published works include Bad Taste in Boys, and Demon DerbyCarrieHarrisBooks.com@CarrHarr.

 ReMade is a serial presented episodically in 15 parts by Serial Box Publishing.



In one moment the lives of twenty-three teenagers are forever changed, and it’s not just because they all happen to die.  Remade in a world they barely recognize – one with robots, space elevators, and unchecked jungle – they must work together to solve the mystery and stay alive. They came from different places, backgrounds, and families, and now they are our only hope. Lost meets The Maze Runner in this thrilling serial that combines contemporary YA with classic Science Fiction to fling you headfirst into adventure.
Have you started reading ReMade? Are you interested? 
Do chat with Carrie in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment