Romance, Sass and Swoony Men // REVIEW: Man Of Her Match by Sakshama Puri Dhariwal

Title: Man of Her Match
Author: Sakshama Puri Dhariwal
Publication Date: July 7th 2017
Publisher: Penguin Random House India
Part of a Series?: No, A Standalone
I Got A Copy Through: PRH India (THANK YOU!)
Buy Links: Amazon IN || Amazon US || The Book Depository || || Flipkart || Infibeam || Google Books
Blurb Description: Kicked off the team for a series of misdemeanours, Indian cricket’s bad boy Vikram Walia finally has a chance at redemption. The only problem: it involves collaborating with his childhood best friend turned sworn enemy, Nidhi Marwah.
Once a tomboy, now a gorgeous, self-assured marketing professional, Nidhi must put aside her personal dislike of Vikram and leverage his unparalleled fame and poster-boy good looks for her latest campaign.
But the ensuing battle of sardonic jibes and veiled slurs only heightens their blazing chemistry. Soon memories of their past fill their present, pulling them back to that fateful day when a heartless act destroyed their friendship.
Can Vikram and Nidhi put their stormy history behind them? Will their partnership have a second innings?
 
Short and Sweet: Man of her Match is the COMPLETE package filled with romance, sass, great friends and chemistry filled moments that will have you smiling, swooning and waiting for your own Vikramaditya Singh Walia.

Let’s be honest – even though I’m Indian, I haven’t read books from many Indian Authors. I have some authors on my Auto-Buy list (Anuja Chauhan, Nikita Deshpande and Sukanya Venkataraghavan) but you’ll rarely catch me a book other from these three authors in my hands.

I’d heard about Sakshama’s debut novel, The Wedding Photographer, when it released but for some reason, I never got around to reading it. It sounded swoony and perfect but now, I’m SO GLAD that I got the chance to read her sophomore novel, Man of her Match.

Let’s break it down:

IDEA:

I got sucked into this book because of the tropes it was based on. Childhood Sweethearts who broke each other’s hearts, meet twelve years later after one of them has turned into the bad boy of India and is also on the Indian cricket team? Plus, this relationship had all kinds of SASS? SIGN ME UP.

PLOT:

The plot followed your typical romance novel. Boy and girl haven’t met in a while, are shocked when fate throws them together, initially only manage to get on each other’s wrong side until realising that they’re perfect for one another (with some variables and added drama) BUT I LOVED IT ALL ANYWAY. This is probably because from the minute they met, I could feel the PALPABLE CHEMISTRY that surrounded Vikram and Nidhi as well as amazing best friends and I LOVED IT.

WRITING:

I really liked Sakshama’s writing. She managed to capture the essence of two headstrong twenty-something Indians SO WELL and also throw in just the right amount of sass and love in it. I’ll definitely be adding The Wedding Photographer to my TBR and her to my Auto Buy Author list!

CHARACTERS:

One word for our main man: SWOON. (And then swoon some more.) I adored his character from the very beginning – he was just perfect and reckless and your perfect good-bad boy, if you know what I mean. He knew what he wanted, and he wasn’t afraid to go after it. AND he was also such a loyal person.

I really liked Nidhi as well – she was headstrong and played sports and well, Vikram and Nidhi really did make a perfect pair.
CONCLUSION:

If you’re looking for Romance, Sass and Swoony Men (and really, who isn’t?), Man Of Her Match should be your next read! 
 Sakshama Puri Dhariwal was born and raised in New Delhi. Before becoming an author, Sakshama
worked as a brand manager for e-commerce, media and telecom companies.

Her favourite authors include Judith McNaught, Julie James, Sarah MacLean, Lauren Layne, Kate Meader (in chronological order of when she discovered them), and of course, Anuja Chauhan.

Sakshama currently lives in San Francisco with her husband and daughter. Her first novel was the critically acclaimed romantic comedy 'The Wedding Photographer'. Her new book is a cricket romance titled 'Man of Her Match

 What are some of your favourite romantic/ comedy books? 
Do you play sports? If you could spend a day with one sports star, who would it be? 
I can't wait to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment