Broody BFFs - A Music Playlist and an Aesthetic Collage!

Well, Hello all you beautiful bookish souls,

Here's two facts you probably don't know about me: (due to the fact that I've never mentioned them here before)

1) I'm now an OFFICIAL #BroodyBFF *
2) I also write. Occasionally. When I'm not procrastinating my life away. You know how that goes, right? RIGHT?

*BroodyBFFs are the Street Team for Carrie Ann Di Risio's BRILLIANT and funny take on YA tropes in her internet sensation turned book, Brooding YA Hero: Becoming a Main Character (almost) as Awesome as Me that I currently have an eARC for and I'm SO EXCITED to read. 

If you haven't heard of this, and you're a self-professed AVID reader of young adult books, do check out this Twitter account and be prepared to say "OH HOW TRUE" while also laughing to yourself. 


Alright, so for one of the #BroodyBFF prompts for the week, we were nudged to share our writing playlists. When I write, I either NEED music blasting in my years providing me with the inspiration to write beautiful words OR I need complete and utter silence. 

My WIPs (Works in Progress) include a YA Contemporary starring an Indian American who was raped by her older brother and a YA Fantasy. These songs don't really relate to the words I write, but this is the playlist I listen to on the days that I write!


I also wanted to share an aesthetic collage of yous standard brooding YA Hero as a musician: 

This Brooding YA hero stars in a contemporary book is your tortured musician that everyone falls in love with as he sings his haunted lyrics on stage, but isn't bothered to give people the time of day when he's off stage. 

Except, that is, his lady love. See your standard YA Trope? Haha. 


Title: Brooding YA Hero: Becoming a Main Character (Almost) As Awesome As Me
Author: Carrie Ann DiRisio
Publication Date: October 3rd 2017
Publisher: Sky Pony Press
Part of a Series?: No, A Standalone
Blurb Description: Have you ever wished you could receive a little guidance from your favorite book boyfriend? Ever dreamed of being the Chosen One in a YA novel? Want to know all the secrets of surviving the dreaded plot twist?
Or maybe you're just really confused about what "opal-tinted, luminous cerulean orbs" actually are?
Well, popular Twitter personality @broodingYAhero is here to help as he tackles the final frontier in his media dominance: writing a book. Join Broody McHottiepants as he attempts to pen Brooding YA Hero: Becoming a Main Character (Almost) as Awesome as Me, a "self-help" guide (with activities--you always need activities) that lovingly pokes fun at the YA tropes that we roll our eyes at, but secretly love. 
As his nefarious ex, Blondie DeMeani, attempts to thwart him at every turn, Broody overcomes to detail, among other topics, how to choose your genre, how to keep your love interest engaged (while maintaining lead character status), his secret formula for guaranteed love triangle success, and how to make sure you secure that sequel, all while keeping his hair perfectly coiffed and never breaking a sweat. 

Carrie Ann DiRisio
Carrie Ann DiRisio is a YA writer and creator of @BroodingYAHero. She lives in Pittsburgh, PA with one large fluffy cat, and is currently pursuing her masters in Digital Marketing, although her true dream is to become a Disney Villainess, complete with a really snazzy gown.
In addition to writing and plans for world domination, she also enjoys running, coffee, Krav Maga, and knitting. 
 Have you heard of/ do you follow Brooding YA Hero on Twitter? What do you think of him?
Do you write/ have a writing playlist? I can't wait to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment