Space Battles + Badass Characters + AIDAN = Best Finale Ever // REVIEW: Obsidio by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff

Title: Obsidio (The Illuminae Files _03)
Author: Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
Publication Date: March 13th 2018
Publisher: Rock The Boat
Part of a Series?: Yes, Book 3/3 of the Illuminae_Files
I Got A Copy Through: Rock The Boat (THANK YOU!)
Buy Links: Amazon UK || Barnes and Noble || Wordery || Foyles || Waterstones || WHSmith || Books A Million || Chapters Indigo ||
Blurb Description: Kady, Ezra, Hanna, and Nik narrowly escaped with their lives from the attacks on Heimdall station and now find themselves crammed with 2,000 refugees on the container ship, Mao. With the jump station destroyed and their resources scarce, the only option is to return to Kerenza—but who knows what they'll find seven months after the invasion? 
Meanwhile, Kady's cousin, Asha, survived the initial BeiTech assault and has joined Kerenza's ragtag underground resistance. When Rhys—an old flame from Asha's past—reappears on Kerenza, the two find themselves on opposite sides of the conflict. 
With time running out, a final battle will be waged on land and in space, heroes will fall, and hearts will be broken.
The review below is SPOILER FREE, so feel free to read on! 
 
It is VERY hard to describe what I feel for this book, these authors and the Illuminae series because I AM A BROKEN SHELL that sympathises with a mass murdering artificial intelligence system (#WhatAreMorals?) and at the same time, I NEED 756320496 more stories from this world and no less because I’m a hungry bookdragon and I MUST BE FED.

In non-rambling, simple terms, I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS
SERIES. I hold Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman in the highest regard as professional tormenters of hearts authors and I will read ANYTHING they write.

Let me (attempt) explaining my thoughts to you:

1.       When Illuminae (Book 1) initially came out, I wasn’t sure WHAT to think. There was so much hype, and it left me jaded until the day I saw this AMAZING deal on Amazon and hit the buy button. I picked it up *months* later, after I got sent a Gemina ARC and HOLY CRAP I WAS HOOKED TO THIS SERIES. It was intense, insane and nothing like ANY book I’d ever read before. Fifty pages into Illuminae, I knew I would need the then unnamed book three ASAP.

     2.       Obsidio was… heartbreakingly beautiful, filled with action, death, badassery, my favourite characters of all time and an artificial intelligence who, really, is one of my favourite parts of this series. There are so many elements and factors that come into play, with our eight favourite characters fighting for their lives and HOLY CRAP, Amir Kaufman and Jay Kristoff somehow managed to pull it off.

Image result for Obsidio    3.       ALSO, AND I WILL REPEAT THIS UNTIL THE END OF TIME – I WAS KILLED OFF IN THIS BOOK. My name appears in the middle of page 100 (I was a Kerenza Resident) and I NEVER THOUGHT I’D BE SO HAPPY TO BE FICTIONALLY KILLED OFF.

4.       I woke up, bright and fresh, last Sunday morning and read the last 223 pages in one shot. I had to stop so many times to BREATHE and PROCESS and CRY and shout in happiness and it took me two hours to properly read it, but I was crying at the end because I was happy, broken, relieved, shocked and most of all, AMAZED at everything these two geniuses have created.


5.       I can’t say much more without spoiling the series, but I was SO HAPPY to re-meet Kady, Ezra, Hanna, Nik, Ella, AIDAN and the rest of the crew. There was mutiny, murder, rebellion, love, family, death, space, sarcasm and mass murdering artificial intelligences and HAVE YOU EVER REALLY ASKED FOR ANYTHING MORE?

I can shout this for FOREVER – GO READ THE ILLUMINAE FILES.

They’re nothing like anything you’ve EVER read before, and you will find yourself lost in the craziness of this world before you know it.

ALL THE GLOWING STARS IN THE WORLD FOR THIS MIND-BLOWING SERIES.

Can I have more books now, Amie and Jay?
Amie KaufmanAmie Kaufman is the New York Times bestselling co-author of Illuminae (with Jay Kristoff) and These Broken Stars, This Shattered World, and Their Fractured Light (with Meagan Spooner.) She writes science fiction and fantasy for teens, and her favourite procrastination techniques involve chocolate, baking, sailing, excellent books and TV, plotting and executing overseas travel, and napping. 

She lives in Melbourne, Australia with her husband, their rescue dog, and her considerable library. She is represented by Tracey Adams of Adams Literary.

Jay Kristoff
Jay Kristoff is the New York Times and internationally bestselling author of THE NEVERNIGHT CHRONICLE, THE ILLUMINAE FILES and THE LOTUS WAR. He is the winner of four Aurealis Awards, an ABIA, nominee for the David Gemmell Morningstar and Legend awards, named multiple times in the Kirkus and Amazon Best Teen Books list and published in over thirty countries, most of which he has never visited. He is as surprised about all of this as you are. He is 6’7 and has approximately 13030 days to live. He abides in Melbourne with his secret agent kung-fu assassin wife, and the world’s laziest Jack Russell.

He does not believe in happy endings.
HAVE YOU READ THE ILLUMINAE FILES? WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THEM?
Who is your favourite character/ ship?
I'd LOVE to fangirl with you over in the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment