Introduction Post + Stacking The Shelves #6 - The One With One Book, A Design and One Person

Greetings, humans and books!

So sometime back Aditi found me waffling on Instagram, and we immediately (kinda) hit off bonding over Team Mitch. *both narrows eyes at Bo and unsheaths daggers*
Somewhere during our interaction, she found me battling this insane green scaly monster in the form of caption limit, and offered me a sword (yes, almost similar to Gryffindor’s if you needed a visual) – the opportunity to be a co-blogger on ATWAMB!

Alright, I’m pretty sure there are a number of facts you’ve gleaned from that little paragraph up there, but because I’m nice, I’ll recap a little for you:
1.       I talk too much about books.
2.       Aditi is an awesome sauce human being.
3.       I am trying to get out of writing a proper introduction. *shifts awkwardly*

How Valerie and Aditi said hi
SHEESH. INTRODUCTIONS ARE SO HARD TO WRITE.

And do you guys see that right column there? The cute short biographies? Well, it took Aditi and I a hyena, three metro rides, some conquering of galaxies and a whole lot of confusion before we choked them out.

So the wise Aditi came up with these excellent lists! Enjoy, while we sneak away to toast to ourselves, for successfully adverting your attention from the lack of a proper introduction.

*passes mic to Aditi*


Aditi’s Top Five TV Shows

Grey's Anatomy
AAAAH. This show rips my heart to shreds EVERY TIME! I have cried, I have laughed and I have grown up with this show. I'm still a child, but that's besides the point! If this show ends, I will end.

Arrow
HAVE YOU SEEN STEPHEN AMELL? HAVE YOU? HAVE YOU SEEN THIS SHOW? Because I can watch ten episodes in one sitting and not realise time went by at all.

Scandal
Of course I have to pick another Shonda Rhimes show. SHONDA RHIMES IS GOD. For the first four seasons, she got me to root for Fitz and Olivia, and then soon after, POOF. She didn't want me to like them together, and I didn't like them together. As Hazel Grace says, Shonda Rhimes, I would read your grocery lists

How Valerie and Aditi started talking
Friends
MUST I REALLY EXPLAIN MYSELF? I have Unagi, though! Also, CHANDLER! YAY!

Game Of Thrones
I don't know what to tell you - I can't talk about my favourite characters, they're dead. I can't talk about who I thought should have been King, they can't be anymore. And I will still sit in front on the TV religiously watching this show. Sigh.


Aditi’s Top Five Movies

The Harry Potter Series (Yes, 1 to 8) (Because of Emma Watson, that's all.
Kung Fu Panda
Any Marvel Movie
Cheaper by the Dozen
In Time

Why Valerie and Aditi are friends
Aditi’s Top Five Songs
(Top Five RECENT songs I'm listening to)

Toxic - Glee Version
Pillowtalk - Zayn Malik
Fight Song - Rachel Patten
Hey There Delilah - Plain White Tees
Out of the Woods - Taylor Swift



Valerie’s Top Five TV Shows

Sherlock
Although I may only get to watch season 4 when I’m an crinkled stale burrito.

Grimm
I would DIE to have access to all the books on Wesen in the trailer. I don’t agree with some developments in the current season, but Grimm was probably the first TV show I watched, so there’s favoritism. Also, I wish Monroe and Rosalee lived next door to me.

What Aditi and Valerie do
      The Big Bang Theory
I’m a mega science geek, and I am not ashamed to say I got and snorted (extremely ladylike, of course) at most of the nerdy jokes they made. But because I’m terrible at keeping my life in order, I haven’t watched since I stopped at Season 5. I will get back to it, though. I miss singing along to the theme song, and Soft Kitty.



Once Upon A Time
Re-tellings of fairy tales, villains with backstories, flawed heroes, struggles between good and evil, crazy unexpected twists. Need I say more?

Scream Queens
This is the latest TV show I’ve watched, and I can’t even begin to describe it. A virtual Trenta, no foam, 5 shot, half caf, no foam pumpkin spice latte with no foam at 210 degrees for you if you managed to guess who the Red Devil was ;)


Valerie’s Top Five Movies

How To Train Your Dragon 2
Toothless is awesome and we are automatically best friends if you agree. Also, I want to be Astrid when I grow up.

Ip Man
I grew up watching him because y’know, I’m Chinese and my dad loves his action movies. And those Wingchun moves are pretty neat.

Inception
I’ve watched this thrice already, and it still BLOWS MY MIND. 
Although it might be because I
Reading > Food > Life
watched the first time without subtitles, and the only thing I understood was Leo having swimming lessons at the beach…that’s what it’s about, right?


The Imitation Game
Impressive as heck. Makes me raise my eyebrows at my accomplishments. The ending killed me the same number of times they took to crack Enigma. Also, Cumberbatch. I have no words about his acting – it was perfect and more.

Dead Silence
If you watched this, don’t lie to me and tell me you totally saw the ending coming. NOBODY could have saw it coming.
And yes, I’m a horror junkie convert…who is also a scaredy-cat. If you’re hosting a movie night and horror movies are on the list, I’d be damned if I didn’t turn up. But I’ll probably be covering half my face, though. And definitely always regretting my decision afterwards when it gets dark.


Valerie’s Top Five Songs

Perfect - Hedley
Nightingale - Demi Lovato
I’ll Follow You Into The Dark - Death Cab for Cutie
Salute - Little Mix
Drifter - Andrea Jeremiah

Why you didn't see a favourite book list above

*Back to Aditi again!
AAAAAAAAAAH! OKAY, SAY HI TO VALERIE IN THE COMMENTS BELOW!

 
I also received one book this week from Hachette India! (THANKS) (i didn't request/ buy anything because EXAMS:/)

 1. Dark Things by Sunankya Venkatachery





Badum tss. *both bows*

3 comments:

  1. Omg. It looks like this blog is only getting better.
    Hi Valerie!
    Seriously, for an introduction post, this was awesome (and hilarious). I'm really looking forward to the stuff the two of you bring to this blog together!
    P.S.: I'm DYING while I wait for S4 of Sherlock. Especially after watching The Abominable Bride. Eek.
    P.P.S.: Your biography is the bomb.
    P.P.P.S.: There can be no such thing as talking about books "too much". Ever.
    P.P.P.P.S.: Science nerd girl here too. Yay, high five!
    P.P.P.P.P.S.: My comment is way too long. Sorry. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Valerie!
    Interestingly enough, your name is also the name of one of my favourite Amy Winehouse songs. I personally look forward to hearing Aditi talk endlessly about how she has made a new friend who loves the same kinds of books as she does.I hope you have fun with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the exams, and hi both of you! (Don't think I've dropped by here before.)

    ReplyDelete